A long code or a short code is a phone number dedicated to your organization that you can use for personal interaction either through a call or texting capabilities with your customers.
Short code have the advantages to be easier to remember, recognize and use for humans but usually have higher cost than a long code.
A shared short code is a specific phone number that multiple unrelated businesses or organizations can use to send and receive SMS messages. A shared short code is primarily used for SMS marketing campaigns and communication purposes.
A few advantages of SMS Capability for Short Codes and Long Codes are as follows:
- Keyword-Based Interaction: In the case of multiple organizations using the same shared short code, it is required to have unique keywords associated with their campaign. When subscribers text the keyword, they initiate interaction with that specific business or organization. Specific to shared short code.
- Bulk Messaging: Shared short codes and long code are suitable for sending bulk SMS messages to a large audience simultaneously. This is commonly used for promotional offers, event notifications, and updates. This feature is for both shared short code and long code.
- Opt-In Campaigns: Users can build subscriber lists by having individuals opt-in to receive messages. This ensures compliance with SMS marketing regulations and promotes a more engaged audience. This feature is for both shared short code and long code.
- Two-Way Communication: Short codes and long codes support two-way communication, allowing customers to respond to messages, ask questions, or provide feedback. This encourages more robust engagement and customer support. This feature is for both shared short code and long code.
- Event-Based Alerts: Organizations can use short codes and long codes to send event-based alerts, reminders, or emergency notifications. This is useful for healthcare, logistics, and event management industries. This feature is for both shared short code and long code.
- Surveys and Feedback: Short codes and long codes can be used to gather customer feedback, conduct surveys, or run polls, allowing organizations to collect valuable insights. This feature is for both shared short code and long code.
- Authentication and Verification: Short codes and long codes are often used for Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) and account verification processes, enhancing security for online services. This feature is for both shared short code and long code.
Updated about 1 month ago