You can create WhatsApp messaging templates using the approved WhatsApp template details from Kaleyra.io. WhatsApp templates enable you to send messages hassle free without composing the messages every time you want to send WhatsApp messages. It is recommended to use only WhatsApp templates that have been approved by Meta. In case of any discrepancies, your WhatsApp campaign may fail.
You need to copy and paste the exact same details from the approved WhatsApp template as retrieved from your Kaleyra.io account. It is recommended to navigate to the approved template detailed page from Kaleyra.io in your browser's new tab. It will help you in copying and pasting the approved WhatsApp template detail easier.
To view the WhatsApp template, from the Kaleyra.io account, go to Channels, and on the WhatsApp card click Manage. Click Configurations and then Templates.
To create the WhatsApp template, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to your MoEngage account.
- From the left menu bar click Settings.
A list of available options appears.
- Click WhatsApp.
The WhatsApp integration settings page appears with the Sender configuration tab details.
- Click the Approved templates tab.
The Approved templates list appears.
- Click + Template.
The Add Template page appears.
- Perform the following actions:
- In the Name field, enter the exact name that you have in your approved WhatsApp template. The name can be up to 100 characters similar to the approved WhatsApp template.
- In the Service Provider field, click the arrow next to the service provider, and then from the list select Kaleyra as the provider.
- In the Sender profile field, click the arrow next to the sender profile, and then from the list select the sender profile. Your configured sender profiles will be listed here. You can select multiple sender profiles if they are from the same WhatsApp Business Solution Providers and are under the same WABA similar to the approved WhatsApp template.
- In the Language field, click the arrow next to the language field, and then from the list select the language similar to the approved WhatsApp template.
- In the Category field, click the arrow next to the category field, and then from the list select the category similar to the approved WhatsApp template.
- (Optional) To add a header, click + Header, and then select one of the following options and then provide the required details similar to the approved WhatsApp template:
- In the Body field, enter the message of the approved WhatsApp template. The body can have up to 1024 characters and it can be registered as static text or text with placeholders for dynamic values.
- (Optional) In the Footer field, enter the footer details based on the approved WhatsApp template. The footer can have up to 60 characters.
- (Optional) To add buttons, click + Buttons, and then select one of the following options and then provide the required details similar to the approved WhatsApp template:
- Quick reply - You can have up to three quick reply buttons per message.
- Call to action - You can have up to two call-to-action buttons per message for each action. Supported actions are: Call a number and Visit a website.
You can preview the WhatsApp message on the right side of the Add template page.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message Template saved successfully appears.
Updated 2 months ago