For customers to agree to receive your messages, you can obtain their consent in one of the following ways:
- User Action: A user action must trigger it. For example, entering a phone number or selecting an 'I agree' checkbox.
- Explicit Language: The permission request should include explicit language. For example, "I agree to receive communication (noun) from 'XYZ' (logo and name) on my WhatsApp number (your number).
- Visual Indication: A visual element should be shown next to the WhatsApp name and logo. For example, a checkbox the user can select.
A business can collect opt-ins from prospective customers in the following ways:
- During the online transaction process
- While setting up user profile and preferences
- Via email, SMS, or within a mobile app
- Via phone interactive voice response (IVR)
Updated 5 months ago
Did this page help you?