The embedded signup feature enables you to register for the WhatsApp Business Platform directly from the Kaleyra.io application. The feature significantly accelerates your onboarding process and also makes the entire process easier.
With embedded signup, you will own your accounts, and share access with Kaleyra to help you manage your accounts. You can see your WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) in your Business Manager. This will allow you to more easily tie your WABA to other Facebook experiences such as Ads that Click to WhatsApp.
The embedded signup feature enables you to:
- Add/manage WhatsApp templates and phone numbers.
- Manage billing based on the agreed pricing.
Embeddable flow—Onboarding will take place entirely within Kaleyra.io rather than on multiple disparate locations.
Manual signup will still be an option that can be enabled by Kaleyra Ops team.
New account model—You will create and own your WhatsApp Business Accounts within your company’s Business Manager. You will share access to the WhatsApp Business Account with Kaleyra.
Phone verification—Phone verification will happen directly within the embedded signup rather than being a separate manual step.
Assets management—Templates and phone numbers can also be created and managed directly by you from the WhatsApp Manager in your Facebook Business Manager account.
You must log in with your personal Facebook account to create or link a Business Manager account. You must use an existing Facebook account as newly created accounts will not be able to create Business Manager accounts.
Follow these steps to enable embedded signup:
- Login to Kaleyra.io.
- From the Menu, click Channels . The Channels page appears.
- Hover over the WhatsApp card and click Request Access.
- On the Connect your FB Business Account section, click Continue With Facebook.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the following:
- Create Facebook and WhatsApp Business Accounts.
- Add a display name that you will use to message customers. The display name must meet the FaceBook Display Name Guidelines.
You can also edit the display name for an existing WhatsApp number.
- Create a WhatsApp Business profile.
- Connect and verify the WhatsApp Business number.
After completing the Embedded Signup, you can:
- Respond to unlimited customer-initiated conversations (24-hour messaging windows).
- Send business-initiated conversations to 50 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period. However, this limit of 50 conversations can be increased, once your account is verified.
After the embedded signup, you can register up to two phone numbers. After the verification of WABA, you can register more than two phone numbers and also raise the limit for your business initiated conversations.
To know more about how to increase the messaging limit for a phone number after it is verified, see WhatsApp Messaging Limits.
You will be able to message customers immediately after signup and only need to complete Business Verification when you are ready to scale business-initiated conversations or when you want to become an Official Business Account.
- With unverified WABA you can:
- Respond to unlimited customer-initiated conversations.
- Send business-initiated conversations to 50 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period (per phone number).
- Register up to 2 phone numbers.
With verified WABA you can:
- Scale business-initiated conversations to more customers.
- Start with 1K unique customers in rolling 24 hours and increase to 10K, 100K or unlimited per phone number.
- Respond to unlimited customer-initiated conversations.
Request to become an Official Business Account.
- Register additional phone numbers.
📘To verify your business account, see: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817?id=180505742745347.
- If your number was disconnected after signup, check the Business Info section of your Business Manage.
- If any piece of information is missing (especially the website), you will need to fill it and then Request a Review from Facebook.
- You can request a review yourself from Facebook Business Manager > Account Quality.
To edit the details of your WhatsApp Business Number:
Sign in to your Kaleyra.io account.
Click Channels and on the WhatsApp card, click Manage.
Click the Configurations tab.
On the Numbers page, click corresponding to the number that you want to edit and click Edit.
The Edit Number popup appears. Complete the fields on the Add number page as follows:
Display Name and Number fields cannot be edited.
You can view the quality rating and the messaging limits of your phone numbers on the Channels > WhatsApp > Configurations page. The page shows a list of WhatsApp phone numbers with the corresponding quality rating and the messaging limits.
To know more about how the quality rating and the messaging limit for a phone number is assigned, see: WhatsApp Number Messaging Limits and Quality Rating.
The field description table is shown.
|Display Name||The display name to identify the Whatsapp phone number.|
|Number||The Whatsapp business phone number.|
|Quality Rating||This is a read-only field. The quality rating is determined by Meta based on how the messages have been received by the end customers in the last seven days and is also weighted by the message recency.|
It is determined by a combination of quality signals from the conversations between you and your end customers.
A few examples include the user feedback signals like blocks, reports and the reasons the users provide when they block a business.
The different statuses a phone number quality rating are as follows:
-Connected—With this status, you can send messages within your set messaging limit.
-Flagged—This indicates the quality rating is 'low' and the messaging limit cannot be upgraded.
-Restricted—This indicates that you have reached the maximum messaging limit, regardless of the quality rating.
|Messaging Limit||The messaging limit is the maximum number of business-initiated conversations that you can initiate using each of your phone numbers in a rolling 24-hour period.|
The following are the different messaging limits for business-initiated conversations that a phone number can have with unique customers in a 24-hour period.
|URL||This is the incoming URL to which the information about the quality rating and the messaging limit of a phone number obtained using a webhook is passed on.|
|Status||This is the approval status of the WhatsApp phone number.|
Updated about 1 month ago