The 'Receive Message' feature in Kaleyra.io is a two-way messaging service to send and receive SMS from your customers via a Virtual Mobile Number(VMN). A 'VMN' is an inbound number with either 10 digit (long code) or 6 digit (short code). A VMN can receive the SMS sent by the customers like a mobile number from any vendor (network operator).
VMN procurement and assignment is an offline process.
Contact our support team at [email protected] to procure and assign a VMN.
Using the 'Receive Message' feature, you can:
- Configure rule based automatic actions based on the keywords received in the inbound SMS.
- Create multiple inboxes each with a keyword and manage the inboxes efficiently to take appropriate actions and run multiple campaigns on a single long code.
Schedule customized responses to the customers with suitable attachments and links.
- Forward the inbound messages to any application using callback integration.
- Forward the message to the other communication channels such as email or another phone number.
- Forward the SMS to an email address to one or more email addresses and reply back to the customer via the email or using SMS.
- Forward the SMS to your mobile number for further processing.
- Send an auto-expiry message to customers when the keyword expires.
Using this feature, you can handle the following use cases:
- Build your opt-in database—using the long codes, you can encourage your customers to opt-in and also store their contact numbers to add to the CRM application.
- Conduct polls— get customers' feedback on your products, events, and track the effectiveness of different sources.
- Effective lead management—you can make sure you do not miss any leads, even when your representatives are busy handling other customers by retrieving all the necessary information about your customers/prospects.
- Virtual assistant—The ‘Receive Message’ feature provides an over-the-clock virtual service with better customer engagement and enhances business opportunities.
The opt-in and opt-out feature enables your customers to either opt-in or opt-out of an SMS campaign by sending SMS with the keywords that you can specify. Further, you can take the subsequent steps of your campaign with the opted-in end-customers.
- The opt-in and the opt-out feature is applicable at the VMN level.
- To know the end-customers' opt-in and opt-out preferences, you can:
- Have a callback integration to your application to know about customer opt-in or opt-out in near real time.
- Go to the trigger URL page and check for the responses from the customers that have replied to the VMN for opt-in or opt-out.
- Check the Logs section of the Channels > SMS > Receive Message page from within the Kaleyra.io application.
Updated 4 months ago