- Complete the KYC process. For more information on the KYC process, see Completing KYC page.
- Need sufficient credits for launching your SMS campaign.
To Launch your SMS Campaign for the first time, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to your Kaleyra.io account.
- Go to Campaigns and then click SMS.
- On the Campaigns page, click Launch Campaign. The Launch Campaigns page appears.
The Launch Campaigns page houses the following fields:
Campaign Name - Enter your Campaign a custom name.
Sender ID - Click the arrow next to DEFAULT (ALL) from which the campaign should send messages. By default sender ID is KALYRA. For more information, see Creating Sender ID page.
Select the Route to send SMS - Select the route to send SMS. The options available are Marketing, Transactional, Transactional DND, OTP, and M2M.
Marketing - Marketing SMS is text messages to communicate offers, updates, and reminders to customers mainly used for marketing purposes.
Transactional - A transactional SMS is a non-marketing automated text message that companies send to support their audience along the customer journey. Among the most common transactional SMS types are order confirmations, welcome text messages, and shipping updates.
Transactional DND - You can deliver the Transactional DND messages to all recipients, irrespective of their Do-Not-Disturb (DND) status. Also, you can use these messages for sending order and booking alerts and informational messages to registered customers.
OPT - OTP SMS is one of the Smart Pin families, is a system to send to your mobile phone a "one-time password" for your all approval/verification for transaction/login/payment purposes.
M2M - Machine-to-machine communication (M2M) is two machines used for communicating or exchanging data without human interfacing or interaction. This includes serial connection, powerline connection (PLC), or wireless communications in the industrial Internet of Things (IoT)
Send to - Select to whom you need to send the SMS campaign and click Import. The Import Contacts page appears.
The Import Contacts page has the following options:
a) On the Import Contacts page, click File and then click Upload File to upload a file. A message "File Uploaded Successfully" appears.
b) Under Mobile Number, click the arrow next to Relevant Column from uploaded file to view the list. Example: customer_mobile_number and click Import.
a) On the Import Contacts page, click Directory. You can manually select numbers and search for specific numbers or filter them by clicking the Filter options such as Name, City, Country, and Tags.
Copy & Paste Numbers
a) On the Import Contacts page, click Copy & Paste Numbers. Enter or paste the mobile numbers and click Import.
- Click Templates to view the existing message templates. The Insert Template page is displayed.
- Choose the desired template from the Template column and click Import. The "Request Completed Successfully!" message appears.
- Once the draft is ready, you can send the message immediately or schedule it for later.
- Click Send to run the campaign, immediately.
- Click Insert. The Insert Link page is displayed.
The Insert Link page houses the following options:
URL TITLE - Enter the URL title in the text box.
URL or Upload a file - Enter the URL value or upload the file containing the URL.
URL Shortening (optional) houses the following options:
Slug - Displays the custom URL slug or alias. It may contain letters, numbers, and dashes.
Callback_URL - Displays the URL detail received each time when you click the shortened URL.
Track User (Optional) - Displays the user tracking for the URL. The value must be 0 or 1 inside the url_data object.
- Click Insert. The URL gets added to the message body, and then the user can send it as a campaign.
- Click Confirm. The "Campaign Submitted Successfully! campaigned:" message appears.
- Click Cancel will return to the Launch Campaigns page.
Kaleyra.io allows you to personalize the message text using custom variables.
Updated 3 months ago