To create a WhatsApp number, you should first submit your business number and details for approval in Kaleyra.io. Our support team will take 24 hours minimum to verify and get these approved by Facebook. We will send you an email to notify you about the status of your number. In case your number is not approved, the same email will contain the reason for rejection.
Before creating a WhatsApp number in Kaleyra.io, create a WhatsApp Business Account on Facebook.
To create a new WhatsApp number, follow the below steps:
- Sign in to your Kaleyra.io account.
- Go to Channels and on the WhatsApp card, click Manage. Below screen appears.
- Go to the Configurations tab. Click Numbers and then click Add Number as shown below.
- The Add number page appears as shown below.
The Number Details section has the following fields:
- Display Name - Enter the Display Name in the text box.
- Mobile Number - Enter the Mobile Number in the text box. Ensure this is a business number and not a personal WhatsApp number.
- Incoming URL - Enter the Incoming URL in the text box. This is the callback URL that will receive all the incoming message callbacks.
The Additional Details section has the following fields:
- Upload Image - Click Upload Image and browse to the location on your computer to upload an image.
The maximum file size is 5MB and an image size of 640* 640px in JPEG or PNG format is recommended.
- Address - Enter your Address in the text box. Allows a maximum of 256 characters.
- Business Description - Enter the Business Description in the text box. Allows a maximum of 139 characters.
- Business Category (Service Type) - Select your Business Category from the drop-down list.
- Contact Email - Enter your Contact Email in the text box.
- Website - Enter your Website in the text box.
- Click Send to send the number and initiate an approval process.
Your number is now sent for approval. You can see the list of numbers and their status in the Numbers tab on the Configurations page.
- Click Cancel to cancel the application and return to the Configurations page.
Updated 5 months ago