To experience Kaleyra Cloud’s Voice, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to your Kaleyra Cloud account.
- Click Numbers on the left-side to go to the Numbers page, and then click Subscribe Number to purchase the number for making and receiving calls.
- Click on the Country text box and select the country of which the number is required (Italy, USA, or the UK in this case).
You have to submit additional documents for numbers from certain countries.
- Select the capability of numbers. The following options are available.
- Voice Only: This will enable only the voice communication capabilities to the number you want to subscribe to.
- SMS Only: This will enable only the SMS capabilities to the number you want to subscribe to.
- Select the Type of the number required and the desired Number Pattern, and click Search.
- Select the number of your preference from the list of given numbers and click Subscribe.
- Upload the Proof of Address and Proof of Identification documents and click Continue.
Proof of address and identification should be either,
- Individual address proof if the number is for personal use
- Company address proof if the number is for company use.
There will be details required to activate any Italian number, a couple of forms will be sent through an email asking for the customer's details. The customer needs to make the payment for the number to receive these forms. Once those forms will be filled and submitted by the customer, our team (Kaleyra) will activate the number within three working days.
- Enter the email address to send the forms and click Continue
Once the number is activated, you can use it to receive calls on the created flow in the Flowbuilder or to make outgoing calls and click-to-call over the APIs.
Proof of address and details are required only for Italian numbers and not for the UK and USA numbers.
Once you have successfully activated your Kaleyra account and set up the numbers you want to call customers from, you can start building an automated sequence of voice messages for IVR, or as we call it, a flow.
Kaleyra’s Flowbuilder module on the left menu allows you to design the flow of an incoming call with easy drag-and-drop widgets, such as:
Forward an incoming call to a number of your choice.
- Select the number to forward the call.
- Add the Caller ID to the calls originating from the flow.
- Play a ring to the customer while forwarding the call.
- Select a dial time out if the call doesn’t connect.
Hang up the call when your call is completed.
Create an interactive input option for your customers.
- Create and play an IVR message to your customer by using text to speech, audio selection, or sound file upload.
- Control the speech rate and language.
- Choose the inputs that can be given by the customer as a keypress during the call.
- Choose the delay or duration between the keypresses.
Play an introductory or descriptive message for your customers.
- Configure a welcome message or any other message to add in the flow using this widget.
- Use text-to-speech, audio selection, or sound file upload for configuring the message. The speech rate and language can be chosen.
Record the user keypress inputs using this widget. The use cases may involve doing surveys, taking inputs like OTP, pins, etc.
- Configure a message to be played to the customer.
- Regulate the delay between the individual keypress.
Make use of this widget to repeat an action in the flow builder. You can configure the following:
- Number of repetitions.
- An entry message to let the customer know the reason for repeating the option.
- An exit message, if the number of retries expires.
Users will now be able to send SMS via Flowbuilder to multiple numbers using their Sender ID.
Users will now be able to use the API to determine the call flow trajectory. You can configure the different actions based on the API responses.
- Choose the API method type as POST or GET.
- Choose the response type as either an HTTP status or a response variable.
Below is a sample flow where the call made on the subscribed number will land. A message will be played, and then the call will be forwarded to another number.
Below are the public APIs available in Cloud Voice:
This API can be used to create calls between two numbers and to bridge them together in a single channel. Go through the Click to Call API documentation for more information.
You can use this API to make outbound calls. Go through the Outbound call API documentation for more information.
The typical uses cases that can be covered by these APIs are:
- Sending OTP via voice calls
- Call scheduling
- Playing text messages over voice (Text-to-Speech) in English and Italian languages for outgoing calls
- Playing recorded sound files over the outgoing calls
- Triggering an interactive flow build via Flowbuilder over the outgoing calls
- Initiating outgoing calls between two numbers and bridging them (Click-to-call)
- Making outgoing calls in bulk upto 100 numbers at a time
Voice Manager is a module to manage logs, reports, and sound libraries.
Maintain a sound library by adding your sound file. You can later use these sound files in call flows.
- Call logs of up to seven days can be viewed. Click View last 7 days logs to access the same.
- You can filter the logs based on the data points like a call from a number, call to the number, etc.
Detailed and summarized reports can be pulled for the last 6 months.
To access the call reports,
- Click Channels on the left navigation bar and click Voice Manager.
- Go to Sound Manager to add sound files.
- Click Analytics to access call reports and logs.
Updated 2 months ago